Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My "Songs" Experience

Last week I started working on the music for "Songs for a New World" and all I can say is, "WOW!" I knew the music was going to be difficult and I was ready for the challenge, but yikes!!! This is probably one of the biggest challenges I've had to tackle as a performer. BUT, I love it! "Bring it on," I say! Make me work my butt off, Lisa Joe! :D

The funniest thing for me is listening to myself trying to figure out whether or not I hit the right note. Yes, it's a little frustrating at times...but I have to admit, it's very comedic. Yes, it's true. I am laughing at myself. Thank goodness! If I didn't, I'd go crazy! ;)

On the other hand, my castmates are amazing! When I listen to them, I'm in awe of their ability to just sing something for the first time as if they've performed this music all their lives. I get goosebumps! Their voices are just beautiful! I am definitely learning a lot and being inspired...a very cool thing to experience.

There's a lot more work to do and I can't wait for Opening Night! I know it's going to be out of this world! Check back soon so I can update you on how I'm doing. :)

Helen "I'm gonna work my butt off" Ota


P.S. The photo of Mike & me is from last year at the Miyako...my favorite karaoke bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment